Calls incoming to a call group have the opportunity to be answered by any member of the call group. The way the call is presented to the group members depends on the call group type. The five types of call groups are as follows:
- Broadcast group: all phones in the group ring simultaneously.
- Hunt group: phones in the group ring in sequence.
- Rollover group: first available phone in the group rings.
- Pickup group: calls to any member of the group can be answered by any other member who presses their pickup key.
- Page group: phones of specific Page group members who are located in the same site.
Broadcast, Hunt and Rollover groups are allowed to direct calls sent to other users, the auto attendant, or an outside phone number like a cell phone. The administrator can easily allow additional users to join or leave a group as needed.