A firewall is software and/or hardware that is designed to keep hackers from getting onto your system and causing problems or stealing data. You probably want to be running some kind of firewall, because your faster connection makes you a more attractive target. Giant Communications’ modems provide firewall protection, but it is recommended that you also enable the firewall that comes standard with Windows operating systems and most antivirus software packages.
Articles in this section
- Using Your Roku Express
- How do I set up Email on my device?
- Our Response to the COVID-19 Virus
- Free Public WiFi locations now available
- Avoid Illegal Media Downloads
- How do I "reboot" my device?
- Why am I having trouble accessing the Internet?
- Why doesn't Giant Communications actively filter my internet access?
- Why am I am having trouble getting online with my wireless device?
- I am trying to hook up a wireless device, and I don’t know my password.