A good surge protector might cost you $40. A very basic battery backup will cost you anywhere from $60-$100. That might seem like a lot of money but consider this: A modem can cost as much as $75. A new monitor will cost you somewhere around $80 at the very least, and you probably wouldn't be able to replace your computer for less than $300-$1000. All of these things can be damaged or destroyed by power surges. That's why you should have a surge protector, or battery backup. We also recommend when severe storms are expected that you unplug your valuable electronic devices.
Articles in this section
- Using Your Roku Express
- How do I set up Email on my device?
- Our Response to the COVID-19 Virus
- Free Public WiFi locations now available
- Avoid Illegal Media Downloads
- How do I "reboot" my device?
- Why am I having trouble accessing the Internet?
- Why doesn't Giant Communications actively filter my internet access?
- Why am I am having trouble getting online with my wireless device?
- I am trying to hook up a wireless device, and I don’t know my password.